Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, and Mexican Modernism
The LAII partnered with the Albuquerque Museum for a free professional development educator workshops focused on the exhibit Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, and Mexican Modernism. The works of art in this exhibition epitomize the vitality and expressiveness of modern Mexican art. They were produced in a pivotal period in Mexican history, when the nation sought to redefine itself through political, social, and cultural reforms.
- Teachers’ Guide to Art Museum Resources
- Constructing Identity: Frida Kahlo and the Tehuana Dress (Grades 3-5)
- The Women of Mexian Modernism (Grades 3-5)
- Exploring Identity through Self-Portraiture (Grades 6-8)
- María Izquierdo: Painting a Mexican National Identity (Grades 6-8)
- Frida Kahlo: Artist, Icon, Commodity (Grades 9-12)