LAS Student Emergency Scholarship
The LAS Student Emergency Scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students, pursuing a degree in Latin American Studies, who can demonstrate critical financial need due to extenuating circumstances for the current semester. Selected students will be awarded up to $500.
Completed applications must have the following:
- Application form to be completed via Qualtrics at https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9nRt7n8EPfbjnfM
- One-page personal statement expressing the situation that created the emergency and how this scholarship will support your educational goals
- Supporting documentation that will assist the committee in making its decision
- Current unofficial transcript
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until funding is exhausted
If awarded the funds, please note the following:
- You will be notified via your UNM email and award will be processed in your
UNM Bursar’s account approximately within 2 weeks
- This scholarship will be first be applied to any balance you have on the Bursar’s account
- You will be requested to submit a thank you letter to LAS, briefly stating the impact of the scholarship
Please note that if you are awarded the scholarship, you are not eligible to apply for another LAS Student Emergency Scholarship during the current Academic Year. Also note that this scholarship will count as a resource toward your overall cost of attendance and may affect your financial aid.
For any questions please email us at email@example.com.