LAII Faculty Honored for 2016 Book Publications
July 5, 2017
On April 21, 2017, the Latin American & Iberian Institute proudly hosted a reception to honor affiliated faculty who had published books in 2016. It was held in conjunction with the LAII's annual faculty concilium luncheon, and provided an opportunity to reflect on the breadth and depth of scholarship shared by Latin Americanist and Iberianist faculty across campus.
The following authors were acknowledged for their 2016 book publications:
- Barnet-Sanchez, Holly. Give Me Life : Iconography and Identity in East LA Murals. Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press. Co-authored with T. Drescher.
- Burr, Sherri. Quick Review of International Law, Third Edition. West Academic.
- Field, Les. Challenging the Dichotomy: The Licit and the Illicit in Archaeological and Heritage Discourse. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press. Co-edited with C. Gnecco and J. Watkins.
- González, Fillip B. (Felipe). Política: Nuevomexicanos and American Political Incorporation, 1821-1910. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press
- Htun, Mala. Inclusion Without Representation in Latin America: Gender Quotas and Ethnic Reservations. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Lopátegui, Patricia Rosas. Cristales de tiempo. Poemas inéditos de Elena Garro. Edición, studio preliminar y notas de Patricia Rosas Lopátegui. Monterrey: UANL.
- López-Chávez, Celia. Epics of Empire and Frontier: Alonso De Ercilla and Gaspar De Villagra As Spanish Colonial Chronicler. Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press
- Morrow, Baker. Best Plants for New Mexico Gardens & Landscapes: Keyed to Cities and Regions in New Mexico and Adjacent Areas, Revised and Expanded Edition. Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press.
- Niedzwiecki, Sara. Measuring Regional Authority: A Postfunctionalist Theory of Governance (Vol. 1). Oxford University Press. Co-edited with L. Hooghe, G. Marks, A. H. Schakel, S. C. Osterkatz, and S. Shair-Rosenfield.
- Nogar, Anna. A History of Mexican Literature. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press. Co-authored with I. M. Sánchez-Prado and J. R. Ruisánchez.
- Strauss, Lawrence Guy. Last Glacial Maximum Prehistory of Northern Eurasia. Special issue (Vol. 425) of Quaternary International. Elsevier. Co-edited with I. Buvit, K. Terry and M. Izuho.
- Traxler, Loa. The Origins of Maya States. Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Museum. Co-edited with R. J. Sharer.
- Vallejos Yopán, Rosa. A Grammar of Kukama-Kukamiria: A Language from the Amazon. Leiden: Brill